Friday, August 16, 2013
A build-up of dead skin cells will give your face and body a dull complexion and flaky itchy skin. Luckily, exfoliating the skin on your face and body twice a week is all it takes to slough off that dead skin and reveal the glowing, smooth and soft complexion hidden underneath.
Tools of the Trade
Forget about overpriced gadgets and odd looking body poufs. The best tools for exfoliating your skin are simple ones that you probably already have on hand. A basic washcloth, a dry brush, and your own hands are your best friends when it comes to exfoliating your face and body.
Use your hands to apply and massage your facial exfoliator. When it comes to your body, start by using the dry brush before you get into the shower. Start at your feet and work your way up your body. Scrubbing your skin before you get your skin wet will help your home spa exfoliation products work better. Once you’re in the shower, use a simple washcloth to scrub your exfoliating product into your skin.
When it comes to choosing an exfoliation product, you’ll want to stick with a brand you can trust, in order to ensure a good experience that won’t over dry your skin. Try Olive Essence’s Organic Velvet Scrub for your body, since it doesn’t contain any harsh ingredients, and Olive Essence’s Organic Face Scrub for an anti-aging treat that will leave your face looking its absolute best.
Posted by Skin Care Treasure Hunt at 3:56 PM
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
How often have you noticed that dry and tight feeling, like there is no moisture at all in your skin? Sometimes there’s even visible peeling of the outer skin layer? This means that you have dry skin. What do you say we put a stop to this skin condition? You don’t need to go through expensive procedures or have anyone help you, it’s pretty simple stuff.
Before we give out the “easy-fix formula” we want you to be more educated about your skin and be more aware of what you do to it and why you do it.
Your skin is constantly exposed to all kinds of stress, for instance, cold outside air and heated indoor air that have very little moisture, which contain low relative humidity. And as a result some of us may have peeling or even cracked skin. There are several factors causing dryness of the skin, but you can avoid this condition if you treat it right. Here is a brief summary of the things that cause dry skin and what you should do to keep your skin healthy:
- Avoid exposing your skin to the cold winter wind. If you must be outside- wear gloves, scarves and warm shoes.
- Do not take long hot baths too often, because hot water will dry your skin even more. Instead take a quick warm shower.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! As soon as you get out of the shower, pat your skin dry and apply body butter, lotion, or cream (whatever you like better) on damp skin for better absorption.
- Try staying out of the sun and always use a sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection. Even in the winter and even if you don’t stay outside for too long.
- Always use non-soap cleanser for your face. And avoid harsh soaps for the body.
If you have cracked toes use our Organic Olive Essence Velvet Foot Nutrient
For the everlasting luxurious feel of your whole body use our Organic Olive Essence Body Butter
Silky-smooth hands are just a step away - Organic Olive Essence Hand Cream
And here are the facial products of Organic Olive Essence, based on olive oil extract and essential oils which create aroma therapy for your skin for a perfect feel and look.
All the Organic Olive Essence products are USDA Certified Organic and are hypoallergenic, suitable even for the most sensitive skin. No harsh chemicals, no allergies…no more dry skin!
Ask questions in the comments and if you have anything to add- please do.
Posted by Skin Care Treasure Hunt at 1:57 PM
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Our skin is the organ that protects us from the outside world. Epidermis, which is the upper layer of the skin, is what we should really take care of, as it is where most of skin issues appear. It is subject to be triggered by the environment, damaging UV rays from the sun and a lot of people smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol to top it all off. You might already know that drinking and smoking ruins your inner system, but not everybody realizes what damage it can cause on the outside. In order to keep our skin protected we need to take certain precautions like drinking less alcohol, or better- not drink it at all, quitting bad habits, like smoking and let’s not forget to treat our skin with vitamins by eating healthy and using organic products to help it stay young and increase skin integrity.
Bad habits are called so for a reason. Have you ever heard of the term “smoker face”? Yes, it has been proven that people who had smoked for over 10 years have skin that makes them look older than they really are. Smoking helps the wrinkles attack your face, because you have no defense against them, as smoking cigarettes causes a reduction in the availability of oxygen (which is necessary for all living cells) and the removal of waste products, dead cell fragments etc… which provide the necessary environment for regeneration.
Alcohol and aging are related in several ways and one of the worst is the depletion of calcium caused by drinking. Excessive drinking also harms the body and deteriorates the Vitamin A supply, which helps in generating new skin cells and replacing the dead cells. Alcohol destroys the human defense system, so your skin becomes more vulnerable to infections and bacteria.
A deficiency in oxygen and other essential nutrients allows the development of free radicals which are very harmful for the skin. These free radicals can slowly cause damage to the collagen and elastin contents which are the primary components of healthy and firm skin. This results in the appearance of fine lines and premature wrinkles.
Tell your kids about the effects of smoking and drinking, because these habits are most likely to start developing among teenagers of 15-16 years old. And as for smoking, it takes about 10 years to show its harm on your skin. Roughly speaking, if your child starts smoking at the age of 15, he/she will look 30 at the age of 25.
Take care of yourself and your skin:
Organic Olive Essence is a USDA certified organic skin care line that is formulated around the age-old medicinal benefits of olive oil combined with newly discovered ingredients and nature’s most precious minerals. Olive Essence products have been formulated to help the skin fight its daily battle against wrinkles and aging. In addition, these products heel and protect the skin from free-radicals by providing a rich moisture barrier against environmental stress, bacteria and harsh pollutants.
Posted by Skin Care Treasure Hunt at 12:25 PM
Friday, May 11, 2012
What is the difference between organic and non-organic skin care products? In a nutshell, not only are organic products healthier to use on your skin, but you will actually be contributing towards helping the environment. How green is your vanity cupboard? Due to the increase in environmental awareness, organic products are becoming more and more popular, thus readily available with an extensive range of natural ingredients. All organic products are bio-degradable, in other words, the product and packaging will easily break down after use. No harmful chemicals are entering the earth’s soil and water tables, so while you are pampering yourself, you are also protecting precious natural resources.
Organic Skin Care Products and You
Beauty is really more than skin deep. From deodorant to facial toners, we slather and spray a vast array of products onto our skin every day without really noticing. It is common knowledge that our skin acts as a sponge, among other things. Everything you put on it will get absorbed to some extend. These chemicals are harmless in small doses, but consider how often you are exposed to them. To be honest, no one, at least not to my knowledge, ever died from using a toner or face mask. Not as a direct result. But consider this; petrochemicals used in the production of many face creams and other beauty products have been found to contain cancer causing impurities. Aside from being generally very unhealthy, it is also non-renewable and both an environmental and economically unfriendly resource. These products can be identified by labels containing the words “paraffin, petroleum and mineral oil”.
However, if you will only consider using organic skin care products for one reason, it is hypoallergenic. Most sensitive skin sufferers break out due to the chemical ingredients found in average skin care products. Organic products are dye and fragrance free, eliminating chemical burns and rashes. Artificial fragrances contain phthalates that are known to trigger allergic reactions in sensitive users.
An organic routine usually goes hand in hand with a holistic approach. You do not need an apothecary of potions and creams to stay youthful. Instead, a good basic routine and a healthy lifestyle will keep you in a great condition.
Organic Skin Care Products and the Environment
Certain beauty and skin care products contain cow placenta extracts. These extracts contain hormones that could result in potentially deadly illnesses, such as breast cancer. Aside from the health issues, the practice is cruel and unnecessary. Organic products use ingredients that are grown without synthetic fertilizers and harmful pesticides, which are overall a lot more environmentally friendly, as well as healthier to use on your body. Biodynamic farming also leads to a holistic relationship between plants, the soil it grows in, animals and humans. These products are not tested on animals. It will be counter-productive. Another form of cruelty and abuse gets eliminated. The packaging is non-toxic, and recyclable or biodegradable.
The USDA National Organic Program was established in 2003. Organic-certified products will bear their seal, so look out for the Demeter approval stamp on products your purchase to afford you extra peace of mind.
To find the finest organic skincare, please visit out website www.homespacollestion.com
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
A drop of Olive a Day Keeps the Surgeons Away!
Since ever, beautiful, glowing, healthy skin has been every woman’s wish. We know, beautiful skin means great general health, but in our modern age we do not have enough time to do the simple things to maintain our body health and best skin. Constant internal and external environmental stress can age us fast! Yup, then we go crazy spending on beauty products, surgery, laser presiders, injecting weird materials not knowing their influence on our health. We are so busy looking for results that we forget to look around us to see the natural product that nature has been offering, again, since ever! Even in ancient times women used it- it’s OLIVE OIL! If Cleopatra and Queen of Sheba were known for their beautiful skin, isn’t it enough reference for us?
If you didn’t know, let me tell you a few benefits of olive oil and olive extract:
- Olive oil contains a wide variety of valuable antioxidants, such as Hydroxytyrosol, which is thought to be the main antioxidant compound in olives, and believed to play a significant role in the many health benefits attributed to olive oil; phenol, also known as carbolic acid and phenic acid. These antioxidants help to prevent cell damage (the common pathway for cancer, aging and a variety of diseases).
- It’s a source of Vitamin A, which is important to our vision, but is also vital to other body systems and functions, as well as Vitamin E (it helps heal, repair and rejuvenate your hair, skin, fingernails and organs).
- It will help moisturize your body inside and out, and protect you from harmful free radicals.
- It is gentle on the digestive system and has been known to sooth ulcers. The ingredients activate bile secretion and the release of pancreatic hormones naturally.
- Promotes a healthy heart. The oil has a high concentration of monounsaturated fats. These are the good fats your body needs, boosting HDL “good” cholesterol, and decreasing LDL, the “bad” cholesterol.
- Reduces the effect of an oncogene. In laymen’s terms, this is the gene that will turn a healthy cell into a cancer cell. Studies have shown when a tablespoon of olive oil is taken daily it greatly decreases the risk of developing certain types of cancer.
- It is a known blood sugar controller, making it very beneficial for diabetics.
External Benefits for Your Skin!
- Apart from containing strong antioxidants, the body's major defense against free radicals and oxidative stress, the oil is also hypoallergenic, in other words causes fewer allergic reactions, making it perfect for any skin type. It will improve the elasticity- the ability of your skin to stretch and then return to its normal state afterward.
- When skin is dry, chapped, irritated the oil can be applied to your face, hands and feet, focusing on dry spots such as heels and elbows.
Depending on your needs you can pick an organic olive essence cream that will work for you. Here are some of my picks:
· Organic Antioxidant DMAE 24K Gold anti-aging cream renowned for its face-lifting qualities. It firms, tightens, and tones sagging, fatigued skin.
· Olive Essence® Organic Hand Cream will help protect your hands while making them look and feel younger. It will protect your skin against eczema, psoriasis, etc.
· Olive Essence® Organic Velvet Foot Nutrient is formulated for quick absorption to soothe parched feet and protect them from drying and roughness.
· Olive Essence® Organic Body Butter will revive dry, tired skin and bring it to a luxuriously soft, silky condition. It will rescue the skin from harsh daily irritants such as sun, wind, hard water, and environmental pollutants.
· Olive Essence® Organic Healing 24K Gold Nutrient has amino acids to help the skin recover from free-radicals and environmental stress caused by pollution, sun, malnutrition, and other environmental toxins.
· Olive Essence® Organic Peptide Complex 24K Gold anti-aging cream is an optimum defense system against premature aging. Its unique oxygenated delivery system facilitates a timed-release distribution of ingredients through the use of high oxygen levels.
· Olive Essence® Organic Eye Lift Serum with 24K Gold blends olive juice with hydrolyzed elastin, hyaluronic acid, essential oils, and plant extracts to nourish the eye area for a well-rested, refreshed look with minimized fine lines and wrinkles.
· Olive Essence® Organic Facial Peel with 24K Gold is a safe anti-aging peel that gently penetrates the skin to help renew skin cells for an appearance that looks relaxed and rejuvenated.
Remember, you can’t stop the time, but you can control aging. Be healthy and make the right choices.
Friday, February 10, 2012
Monday, February 6, 2012
Whole Foods Market Arroyo, Pasadena:
465 South Arroyo Parkway Pasadena, CA 91105
Whole Foods Market West Los Angeles:
11666 National Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90064
And more store locations to come.
Need help deciding which Organic Olive Essence skin care products are right for you? Find your skin care concern below.
Excessive Dry Skin or in need of a well-penetrating Night Cream? Try Organic Essence Olive Gold Peptide Complex. The intensive, nourishing agents provide hours of moisturizing benefits, thanks to powerful antioxidants that restrain the effects of free-radical damage and premature aging. http://www.homespacollection.com/olive-essence-organic-gold-peptide-complex-8
Slight redness? Try Organic Essence Olive Gold Healing Nutrient. Combines olive juice, fruit extracts, and rich amino acids to help the skin recover from free-radicals and environmental stress caused by pollution, sun, malnutrition, and other environmental toxins. Will help calm, and restore the skins natural pigment and moisture. http://www.homespacollection.com/olive-essence-organic-gold-healing-nutrient-9
Normal to Dry Skin? Try Organic Olive Essence Gold Facial Day Moisturizer as a part of your every day skin care routine. This unique, gentle organic day moisturizer pampers skin with natural, nourishing extracts and vitamins to promote soft, smooth skin that is well-hydrated. Works well on all skin types. http://www.homespacollection.com/olive-essence-organic-gold-facial-peel-6
Fine lines, wrinkles? Try Organic Olive Essence Gold Antioxidant DMAE. Renowned for its face-lifting qualities, DMAE firms, tightens, and tones sagging, fatigued skin. The visible effects of DMAE Cream are quickly noticeable. Research shows that DMAE helps slow the natural aging process. http://www.homespacollection.com/olive-essence-organic-gold-antioxidant-dmae-4
In need of a gentle peel? Try Organic Olive Essence Gold Facial Peel. A safe anti-aging peel that gently penetrates the skin to help renew skin cells. Top with Organic Olive Essence Gold Peptide Complex or Organic Olive Essence Gold Facial Day Moisturizer for maximum soft, smooth results. http://www.homespacollection.com/olive-essence-organic-gold-facial-peel-6
In need of an eye fix? Who doesn't! Try Organic Olive Essence Gold Eyelift Serum to nourish the eye area for a well-rested, refreshed look with minimized fine lines and wrinkles. http://www.homespacollection.com/olive-essence-organic-gold-eyelift-serum-7
Dry hands? Try Organic Olive Essence Hand Cream. This lush nutrient-rich hand cream is packed with natural shea butter, jojoba seed oil, and healing aloe to help restore your hands to their original youthful appearance and texture. http://www.homespacollection.com/olive-essence-organic-hand-cream-3
Parched Feet? Try Organic Olive Essence Velvet Foot Nutrient. This organic foot lotion is formulated for quick absorption to soothe parched feet and protect them from drying and roughness. http://www.homespacollection.com/olive-essence-organic-velvet-foot-nutrient-11
In need of a good body lotion? Try Organic Olive Essence Body Lotion. This Organic Body Butter revives dry, tired skin and brings it to a luxuriously soft, silky condition. http://www.homespacollection.com/olive-essence-organic-body-butter-10
Even the body needs good exfoliation! Try Organic Olive Essence Velvet Body Scrub. Soft and gentle, this scrub removes impurities on the body's surface to reveal skin that is smooth, healthy, and refreshed. http://www.homespacollection.com/olive-essence-organic-velvet-body-scrub-12
Still can't decide which products are right for you? Contact our LiveChat to speak with a skin care specialist today at http://www.homespacollection.com/.