How often have you noticed that dry and tight feeling, like there is no moisture at all in your skin? Sometimes there’s even visible peeling of the outer skin layer? This means that you have dry skin. What do you say we put a stop to this skin condition? You don’t need to go through expensive procedures or have anyone help you, it’s pretty simple stuff.
Before we give out the “easy-fix formula” we want you to be more educated about your skin and be more aware of what you do to it and why you do it.
Your skin is constantly exposed to all kinds of stress, for instance, cold outside air and heated indoor air that have very little moisture, which contain low relative humidity. And as a result some of us may have peeling or even cracked skin. There are several factors causing dryness of the skin, but you can avoid this condition if you treat it right. Here is a brief summary of the things that cause dry skin and what you should do to keep your skin healthy:
- Avoid exposing your skin to the cold winter wind. If you must be outside- wear gloves, scarves and warm shoes.
- Do not take long hot baths too often, because hot water will dry your skin even more. Instead take a quick warm shower.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! As soon as you get out of the shower, pat your skin dry and apply body butter, lotion, or cream (whatever you like better) on damp skin for better absorption.
- Try staying out of the sun and always use a sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection. Even in the winter and even if you don’t stay outside for too long.
- Always use non-soap cleanser for your face. And avoid harsh soaps for the body.
If you have cracked toes use our Organic Olive Essence Velvet Foot Nutrient
For the everlasting luxurious feel of your whole body use our Organic Olive Essence Body Butter
Silky-smooth hands are just a step away – Organic Olive Essence Hand Cream
And here are the facial products of Organic Olive Essence, based on olive oil extract and essential oils which create aroma therapy for your skin for a perfect feel and look.
All the Organic Olive Essence products are USDA Certified Organic and are hypoallergenic, suitable even for the most sensitive skin. No harsh chemicals, no allergies…no more dry skin!
Ask questions in the comments and if you have anything to add- please do.